Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's Been a Hard Day's Night

Here's a portrait of me after working an overnight Target in-store film shoot.

No, wait... here's another one.... In either case, I've been up for roughly 24 hours and I'm SO not tired. During some down time on the shoot, I was making conversation with the director about how strange it would be to work the night shift all the time.

I said, "I mean, when you get off work at 7AM you're thinking pot roast and cocktails... right?.... so while your kid eats Cheerios, you're having dinner and a Manhattan."

He said, "Well.... that's what I do when I have one of these shoots. It helps me get to sleep." Ah-ha!

I took his remedy seriously. I got home, heated up Brent's leftover's from that Mexican restaurant in Northfield where he dined last night and am now sipping a Jameson at 8:30 AM. I fed the dogs and let them out for their morning constitutional. As I write this, Brent is, no doubt, the Master of Ceremonies in his eternal Circus of Dreams above me. At some point soon, sleep will take me down for the day.

Meanwhile thanks to all of you, to whom I sent that outraged, overwhelmed, stumbling rant and supporting links regarding the profound and endless inhumanity of mankind, for your thoughtful responses. There are days when I just can't handle the profound depravity of the world we live in. A couple days prior to having said meltdown, I had taken this photograph. I think it may have been my prescient anti-war statement for the month. Working title: Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

come on come on come ooooon. please. another? how about some brent humor? thanks (in advance).

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home