Monday, August 08, 2005

T Minus 5 days & Counting


Prizes for the cake contest, prizes for the best bloggers, gifts for the wedding party. Homemade shit is goin' on around here. It's gonna get a lot messier before it gets cleaner.

For the record, Miss Kitty has been a cleaning fool the last couple days and her attitude has been exemplary. Getting rooms ready, vacuuming, sorting, tossing. She even came home from working all day today, fed the dogs and then mopped the kitchen floor. She's been raised well, I'm thinking.....

Meanwhile, I left my sewing machine and we went to the city. We got more paper products at Litin after a long & roundabout search for where the store had been relocated. Then, Brent got shoes, belt & socks for his suit and I got some facial waxing done.... it was my virgin experience. I have to admit.... it felt sorta good when she pulled the ripcord. I don't know why. I'll think about it and get back to you.... should anyone care.

Now we're back home, a bit restless, at our laptops on the porch, catching up on things. The weather reports are hilariously contrary... rain, no rain, rain, no rain for the 13th. We're wondering if we should put another tent on hold just in case. And we're also wondering who will wuss out and not show up if it rains. Most Minnesotans pride themselves in bearing out the weather in any season .... we're the ones who came up with things like scuba diving at local lakes in January so I have high hopes, especially where the campers are concerned.

Maybe that hardy, nothing can stop me Minnesota attitude has something to do with enjoying getting unwanted hair ripped out by the roots.

6 Comments:

Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Jeez, we're back on the waxing topic? There's a thin line between pleasure & pain sometimes. Maybe your release had some subconsious connection to that whole ritualistic-cleansing-before-the-wedding tradition that's been going on for millenia.

And I hear ya, Sugar Dog. We've got lots to button up at the homestead and plenty of packing to do, too. Then it's a thousand miles of freeway. I hope there's a cold beer waiting for me. See y'all real soon!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:35:00 AM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

I nearly forgot... Way to go Kitty!

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rain?
Ewwwwwwwwww!
(Irony duly noted by comment enclosed in parenthesis)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 3:58:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

SQSD, yeah we're driving. Bringing the dogs along—they've never been boarded. Plus, right now we can't afford 2 airfares and a rental car, kennel fees, etc.

Don't everybody go drinking all the liquor gone before we get there.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger crafty pirates said...

Wish I was there to help you sew and craft Wendy. Boo hoo. I am sad we are missing it!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 2:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home