Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Meet Hannah: First Born Bridesmade


This is how depressed Hannah was when we completed her freshman orientation days in Madison last summer. I kept telling her it was going to be okay... that she really wouldn't be that homesick, that she'd make new friends and find things to do in her spare time, if she had any. She was inconsolable, as you can see. She is now weeks away from completing her freshman year at UW Madtown. I hope she's happier now than she was that bleak day in August.

She fancies herself The Wedding Planner in addition to being a bridesmaid, and I wish we had deep checkbook to back up all her fantastic ideas. She also wants to design my dress, insisting that I will not wear a boy-sized 1960's suit & Beatle boots for the ceremony. We'll see how that tug of war plays out. Hannah is known for getting what she wants.

We love each other.

7 Comments:

Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

She looks totally depressed at the thought of living hours from home. In a party town. At a party school.

Our daughter was equally torn-up when she flew the coop. She's been so homesick, I think I can count her visits home over the last few years on both hands.

Independence is a "good thing."

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah looks fab, but I really think she shouldn't let Austin Powers mix her drinks for her!
Wendy, if you are not going traditional white, you should wear that awesome robins egg blue prom dress (from a couple of years ago) of Kitty's. I mean if you are going lounge...

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Wendy,

I agree with Hannah & Beth. Doesn't the wedding practically require that you dress up all girly-like?

J

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger wendy lewis said...

OK OK OK....!!!! I'll get girly, dammit.... I will. In fact, I'll prove that I can.... let me go dig through some old foto boxes.....

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what can i say ... depression has been a battle all year ... along with trying to resist the urge to go out every night and stay up until 3 am for no reason with all those friends i don't have. maybe this depression would lift if someone sent me a good bottle of wine .... then i could stop drinking that $7.99 boxed stuff. i must admit the tap sure is handy though!

Thursday, April 28, 2005 3:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and don't worry folks... i'll show you her girly side. i think i've been waiting my entire life for this moment! ... sigh

Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:02:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Hannah can drink legally in Madtown whenever accompanied by a parent (as can anyone 16 & over). So, Kitty, make the trip with Mom to see big sister.

Don't you just love Wisconsin!

Friday, April 29, 2005 2:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home