Saturday, April 09, 2005

Robert Fales ("Best Man")


Meet Bob Fales. AKA "Never-Ever-Fales".

In this photo, we see one of the many reasons why he will be standing next to me at the wedding --- he's looking at me as if to say, "Yes, Brent, it's 10 degrees outside and I'm fixing your brakes while you watch ...". Bob is kind of the yang to my yin. When I need an opinion about how to accomplish any task that the traditional "man" is expected to do (cut a tree down, replace a U-joint, sweat a copper pipe, or smoke some venison), he's right there for me. We artist types (Read the directions!) need friends like Bob to supply down-to-earth common sense sometimes, and Bob's my guy!

A few days ago, Bob invited me to help him paint one of those crazy stand-up figures on a big sheet of plywood with the face area cut out so some PTA carnival-goers can throw pies at whoever sits behind it. He had volunteered for the task. In his way, Bob used all the left-over paint from his house to mix the proper skin-tones and create a pink and green polka-dot dress for the woman figure. His palette was a paper plate. All of this was done in his machine shop surrounded by CAD machines and hand-made wooden frames to house injection-molding parts. I wish I had a photo to share.

We'll be posting photos of the entire wedding party one at a time with little character descriptions. Hopefully, they'll be entertaining.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Bob's exhausted, rusty drum.

Saturday, April 09, 2005 1:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home