Tuesday, May 03, 2005

This Old Love-Seat!


Sometimes the planets just align. Today, I drove with Bob to pick up an old pick-up he bought. Sitting next to it in the back of a construction supply warehouse was this amazing chair. The owner said I could take it (against Bob's will), so here we are an hour later with a brand new electric swiveling love-seat! Great for star-gazing, watching submarine races, or enjoying a good summertime cocktail. I'm gonna clean it up, plug it in, and see if it works ... I'll report back.

I'm back. Plugged 'er in and it worked! Not only that, but an extra bonus was discovered -- it vibrates!!!! It's like Christmas around here all of the sudden. When Wendy gets home tonight, she's gonna be proud of her junk man!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Submarine races?
Sit on it!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:55:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

I know! I'm obsessing about where we're going to put it. It may be too big for the porch, but it would look so good next to the other vinyl-covered turquise chair! In the end, Wendy will have the best idea -- can't wait until she gets home. nothing I like better than a new challenge in fort-design!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:54:00 PM  
Blogger wendy lewis said...

holy orange vinyl!!! what a chair!!! bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What worth can a chair really have without PeeWee Herman?

steve-o

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 6:36:00 AM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

It looks nice & cozy, retro funky, and oh so loungey. But if you don't want to leave this open to lots of naughty comments, you shouldn't tell us it vibrates!!!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

Yeah, sorry. And hey, it's not me, man, I'm just looking out for the kids! And anyway, if you felt the vibrations of this chair and heard what it sounds like when you fire it up, you'd simply laugh ...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:03:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

You're being very unDude, man. The kids will abide.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

Wow, that hurts ... unDude. I hear ya, though. Maybe I'm talking about the "kids". I will email you off this comment page to explain the "kids".

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the immortal words of Norville Barnes, "You know... for the kids!"

Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:39:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home