Saturday, April 16, 2005

Mark Dalton ("Emergency Usher Captain")


Meet Mark Dalton (He photographs well after Rugby matches).

"Sometimes there's a man, a man for his right time and place. And that's the dude." (The Big Lebowski)

Not only does Mark endeavor to scrum, but he rolls like many of the brave men of his generation who left their legacies on hill 238, at Khe San, and on the Mekong Delta. The Dude abides.

I've decided to put Mark in charge of ushering at the ceremony, and it's the perfect job for him because ... well ... we probably won't need any ushers --- but, in case one of those unpredictable ushering emergencies develops, I can think of no man better equiped to handle it; the dude can abide under pressure. And he's a great friend who has added a lot of unique color to my life over the years (so, I got that going for me).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He appears to take a certain pleasure in rolling in mud. You bet

Saturday, April 16, 2005 2:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet he's seen a lot of spinals.

Saturday, April 16, 2005 5:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home