Tuesday, July 26, 2005

How To Throw a Bachelor Party/Farm Reunion


Well .... hmmmmm ... where do I start? I guess we start with Bob Fales' truck and trailer bound for the Navigator Bachelor Party. Five coolers. One home-made grill. Steaks, Brats, and home-made venison sausage for 18 people. 4 cases of Beer. 80 pounds of ice. 4 Lawn chairs. 3 Tents. 4 Tiki torches. One portable deep-fryer. Camping cookware. 4 dozen eggs. Piles of bacon. A 300 watt PA system. iPods. Video camera. Digital camera. Home-made navigational signs with spray-painted arrows. Chainsaw. Swimming trunks. Soap. Cell phone charger. Steak knives. Eye-drops. 2 propane tanks. Saw horse table. Folding table. Small portable grill. River shoes. Allergy medicine. Bug spray. Sunglasses. Inflatable mattress. Pillow.


What am I forgetting?

Too much happens during a three-day party blow-out to describe. There were only a few injuries; Mike Lundell pulled his hamstring pretty bad trying to get the golf-cart off a log deep in the woods, Jerry Anderson almost seperated his shoulder in a bean-bag throwing mishap "I was too drunk and [silly] to stand up ... and that's how I got hurt," said Jerry ... many cut their feet on rocks by the shore in the dark, and Bryan Hanna's audio engineering career was nearly ruined by a barrage of bottle-rockets. Jason Griggs won the "get the bottle-rocket into Fales' truck window" contest while listening to the Sanford & Son theme song. Mark Dalton gets the "Best Male Stripper at a Heterosexual Bachelor Party" award. Dan Johnson gets the "Bachelor Party Wisdom" award for admitting that "forgetting the forks at a BBQ is alot worse than forgetting the chopsticks". Rev. Boyce gets the honorary "Clint Eastwood HANG 'EM HIGH Quick-Draw Bean-Bag Toss" Award. Scott Andre gets the "Still Sober Enough to Remember that Somebody Should Take Photos, will you get me a beer?" award. Mike Lundell walks away limping with the "Brewery & Off-Road Golf Cart Tour Guide" award. Bob Fales walks away with his own show on the Discovery Channel called simply "Bob 'Never-Ever' Fales". Chad Nelson gets the "I'm Pissed at My Damn Tent/Good Sport!" award and he also came through with the "Oldest Whiskey - 18-Year Jameson" award. Matt Craig placed with the "I Found Bryan's Glasses in the River With My Foot at 2am" award. Steve Price hoists the "I Brought 2 Jugs of Fresh Coffee in the Morning" award, and also the "Look at this Jew Go Apeshit for the Bacon" award. Matt Mulhern grabs the "I Drank a Ton of Beer and Didn't Tip Over" award. Chuck Hoffman runs away with the "Law Enforcement Liason/Helpin' G.R. Anderson get His Damn Tent Up" award. Craig Dalton wins the "Eating Steak with my Fingers? No problem!" award. AND, lastly, I walk away with the "I'm the Luckiest Guy in the Whole Wide World" award!!

Quotables:
"I'm a medium, not a mystic ..." - G.R. Anderson, Jr.
"What's a meadowphor?" - Jason Griggs
"Steak, eggs, onions ... hmmmm" - Bob Fales
"Did I think Butt-touch, or did I say it outloud?" - Rev. Boyce Johnson
"Walk it off, Lundell ..." - Mark Dalton
"Hey, some of us use our ears to make money!" - Bryan Hanna
"What?!?!? You want me to barf on you?" - Chad Nelson
"Where's da cheeze at? I don't know!" - Mike Lundell
"It's a BOY!!!" - Bryan Hanna reacting to G.R. Anderson crawling out of his tent naked in the morning.
"Blood is thicker than beer" - unknown. Boyce? Griggs? Me?

Thanks for a legitimate All-Time Top-Five Lifetime Fun-Achievement Weekend, fellas ... special thanks to Bob Fales (my Best Dude) and the Daltons for use of their property (not to mention getting those awesome shirts printed up, Mark!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 5:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, that sounds like one for the ages. 'Course, I probably would have been swept downriver anyway.
If only someone would have told me.
Just kidding, Buggy.
Well, I guess it's all up to The Big Show.....

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:21:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

"It's a boy!" absolutely wins. Glad you had such a great time. While you were partying in the woods of Minnesota, I was partying in the woods of Wisconsin and swallowing Quarters.

Wendy, Brent, and Miss Kitty, thanks for the lovely evening at your place. Who'd have thought blueberry brats could be so good. I had a great time. Hopefully we'll make "The Day."

Sunday, July 31, 2005 3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home