Sunday, June 26, 2005

Brent's Birthday Weekend Area


Meet Scott Andre, husband of groomsman Lynn.
Yesterday, Wendy and I caught Lynn and Scott doing some yard work and trellis building. They deserved a large beer (like this one). Then we ate some awesome Thai food and went to see nephew Chris Hoffman's band play for an hour or so (they rocked and rolled, but mostly rocked!). After that, it was back to Lynn and Scott's for some porch/yard hanging until 3am. We followed (from a distance) an obviously intoxicated or very tired driver home to Cannon Falls who was desperately trying to prove to us that he/she was able to drive (example: veering into the fast-lane and signaling at the last minute to make it look like it was intentional ... scary, yet psychologically interesting somehow).

The night before (my birthday), we had a party at the house. Thanks to my Mom and Dad, Kirsten and Chuck and Mitchell, Merle, Kevin, Chach, Bryan, Nissa, Chad, Sara, Billy, Matt, Wendy, Kitty, Maureen, Mary, Mary, Brad, and Jim for making it a highly entertaining evening. Thanks for all the gifts, people!

Chad and Bryan (in the photo below) were guilty of humor as usual (not to mention flattering themselves with self-portraits like this one).

15 Comments:

Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Well, a happy belated birthday, Mr. B. Many happy returns on the day.

It sounds like you guys a rousing & rocking-good weekend. Sometimes it's just the ticket.

Sunday, June 26, 2005 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger wendy lewis said...

hey nsgls. we've not emailed for awhile. wish we were sitting by your pool at the end of our busy & engaging weekend to cool ourselves. hotter n' hell here. cheers!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 8:52:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Good to see your post, Super Dog. I hope you've been well.

Scout, it's hotter here, though not quite as humid. I sent you an email, so check your in-box.

Corona, the living room tile project is nearly complete. Pics aren't nearly the same as an in-person view, but I'll see what I can do.

B-Rent, are you working? I'm missing your clever postings & the chance to let fly with some good riffs. Stay cool.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

NSGLS - I'm not working, but I'm sweating. Does that count? Ha. Might have to get out on the Chalmers today for some striping. I bet I could come up with a new post, too - you know, something to inspire some word riffing. Back atcha later ...

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Yeah, I'm sweating, too. You can hardly think without breaking a sweat down here.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:29:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Oh, hey, I forgot to ask... What number was the special day?

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:14:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

June 24th .... new post coming soon.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 8:25:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

I could figure out the date of your birth, it was the number of years you've walked the earth that I was after.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

Oh, right ... June 24th, 1970 ... the big 3-5er.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

yer just a kid

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

Yes, but according to the "age of soul" lines down the side of my thumb, I'm very old (some say). Ha.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:29:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

I'll buy that.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:40:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I liked the Jefferson qoute you posted on ExMac. It never ceases to amaze me when I ponder the sheer genius and amazing forthought of the founding fathers. And it wasn't just Jefferson. Madison, Adams, Washington, Hamilton, Franklin, Henry... All of them. Their collective brilliance is astounding. That, and the fact that they could reason with each other and overcome their differences for the greater and common good. Truly amazing.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 9:50:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

Thanks ... it's the capper for my pre-Independence Day ramshackle letter to the editor this week. I'll send it for kicks.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Sigmeth said...

Billy the Midget, yes ... but, this guy is more like Donny the Dwarf.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home