Friday, October 13, 2006

The Wee Walks Among Giants


So, these are like the biggest trees in the world, these redwoods. And here I am at the Econo Lodge in Eureka on the steps outside of our room (because apparently Mac Powerbooks don't have as good of a wireless receptor as iBooks ... Wendy is relaxing on our bed with two bars, while I have to go out into the not-so-bad 56 degree weather in my pajamas). But, really ... back to the giant redwoods. THEY'RE HUGE!!! I stumbled upon a website for a motel complex that was built solely from ONE of these trees. (Take a deep breath, Brent). Just to touch a part of a stump that was growing around the time that Jeebus was born is just beyond words...). If the redwoods don't make you appreciate the planet we live on and how tiny we are in the whole scope of things, I'm not sure what would do it for ya. I mean look at this shit!


Love,

Redwoods promoter #1

1 Comments:

Blogger wendy lewis said...

...or as brent said.... "that's a lotta lumber".

Sunday, October 15, 2006 3:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home