Saturday, April 16, 2005

Greetings from Madtown

Being Scout, I left town Friday down hi-ways and bi-ways to Madison, WI for to see "The Freshman", aka Hannah Grace Jensen, my first born. Long time friend Rita Nagan, two of her three daughters (Mary Clare & Evelyn) and I made the trip to celebrate oldest daughter Lillian's 23rd birthday, who is also graduating in a few weeks. We met up for a mediocre dinner in a basement restaurant after checking into our hotel, but the company and the conversation was supreme. Rita and I exchanged a few glances last night that only mothers can understand .... a mixture of pride, adoration and utter confusion. We love our girls. They always exceed our best expectations! The only one missing was Kitty, who is spending the weekend with her dad in Minneapolis. But she'll be introduced soon enough.

I was also visited upon by the Rev B.R. "Doing That Which is Right" Johnson late last night. In addition to his ministerial capacities, he also has an uncanny ability to "find you" when you are having a hard time finding yourself, as he exhibited last night by materializing on a bar stool next to me at the Tornado Lounge. Yes. I was drinking alone at a bar in a party town at 1:45AM. Judge me if you must, but I was having a fine time scrawling lyrics on bar napkins, sipping a Jameson when The Rev appeared, making it look as if I had been waiting for him all along. Nice save, Your Holiness. We'll be seeing him again tonight, at the Birthday Bash, as he has been invited, and Rita will meet him for the first time.

There will be fotos soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

You may have been alone but you were doing important things. No judgements from this corner.
I've been known to knock back a few by myself once in a while. Sometimes it's just what one needs.

Glad you had fun with the girls.

Sunday, April 17, 2005 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home