Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Breakfast


Breakfast
Posted by: wendylewis.
Grabbed all these on the morning walk. The black raspberries are everywhere, so I sez to B... I sez "Hey B.... what's the difference between a blackberry and a black raspberry?" He sez..."I dunno. I'll find out."

"Black raspberries look much like blackberries , though black raspberries taste more like and are hollow like red raspberries. In much of the Mid-Atlantic United States, black raspberries are simply called blackberries , even though they are not."

I don't know how much that helps but there it is. My morning field research finds that those big, orange-bodied daddy longlegs really dig those black raspberries too. I had to fight them off for my share.

6 Comments:

Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Mrs. Lone Star will be quite jealous. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES raspberries.

Nice food photo. Did it take much styling?

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger wendy lewis said...

o dude.... that's why i make the big bucks.

ha!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 2:06:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

Ahhhh... indeed. The big bucks. So that's how you live on the country estate.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger wendy lewis said...

Right. We got this house for a song... and even after paying Harry off, the mortgage is too cheap to believe for what we have.

I wish I made that kind of money. If I whored myself to Target, maybe that would be the case. But.... it's a day by week deal, as it has always been. I think it has never been in my karma this time around to have financial comfort. Still.... and then..... life is rich.

xo

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

You know I'm just kidding. It is a beautiful place and your blessed to have it.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gather ye fruit while ye may, regardless of the quantity. Then do what Martha does ... lay out the bounty in a single layer on a cookie sheet(s) & freeze them, then bag in ziplocs & keep for future breakfasts. Yum!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 3:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home