Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Buggy & John: Chief Counselors at "Man Camp"



I got this "postcard" from Brent late last night, sent via a newsgroup.....

While you were all going over the mayoral races, I was shooting holes in a 50 gallon drum with my Springfield WWI rifle and also putting a hole in the middle of a Copenhagen snuff can at 60 yards with a 12-gauge (the hunter- dudes were impressed). Then I toured the Ahlman's gun shop in Morristown (currently displaying 3,000 guns!). The highlight of that tour had to be the greasy early-thirties type dude with a Renaissance Festival t-shirt on holding forth on WWII Japanese sniper rifles (how he took his to the range and found it to be deadly accurate, adding: "Now I know what our Marines were going through"). Then, I went to WallMart where my buddy Bob bought a camouflauge backpack and a bucksnort. Oh, and I also had lunch at Arby's. Wow, what a day ... hunting season in Cannon Falls!

I also hear that he's continuing work on the Rapture Accelerator and has the basement poured on a 20x40 house addition he's building with these guys somewhere in the Sogun Valley. This is all the news I have for now from Navigator who is spending these fall months in "Man Camp". Sounds like he's having fun!

4 Comments:

Blogger wendy lewis said...

hmmmm..... we should suggest that to them.....

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone say "Au Jus"?

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

badumpum-crash
Left me hangin' there...
the suspense was killing me.

Thursday, November 10, 2005 3:17:00 PM  
Blogger crafty pirates said...

Hey lady I tried to email you and it did not work. did you change your emial address????
ann
annrocks73@yahoo.com
miss you!

Friday, November 11, 2005 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home