Monday, May 30, 2005

Scout on a Swing (Dorky Love Poem #1)


Scout on a swing, oh
That's indeed my thing, yo.

However a Scout, whenever a Scout,
Oh, cripes ... I just flail about!!!!

So, I deserve Scout's latitude?
Guardian of my solitude ...
Holder of mine "life is long"
Okay then. I can abide

What route to stride along?
My scout came about,
With more than just a sidekick's charm
And a Dr. Strangelove arm extending out (?)

Scout, she enchanted my doubt
With a prairie of puns,
Nary a judgment of room
Over my slanted vacuum
In a dream of a new dream,
Scout is me as I am navigator to thee (m) ...

(Sorry, had to write a love poem tonight ... I've been working long hours and can't wind down and Scout has been holding forth on the home front with the teens and the current-times; I haven't seen her in days - so it seems - but, oh, my unwinding from staring at a computer screen and turning music into a digital reality is quite unwinding need-inducing ... I love the Scout so much, and you do, too, and that's why I'm going to carry her over the threshold of her own home as a good man should!)

(How's that for a naked testimonial? Am I hired? I figured as much ....)

3 Comments:

Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

B,

Nice tribute.

Monday, May 30, 2005 11:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you two. ann and greg

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful ode from a beautiful guy to a beautiful gal. Your love inspires!

Friday, June 03, 2005 5:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home