Sunday, November 20, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving is bearing down. I found this drawing in stylish green ink by none other than Buggy in the late 80's. As seen, he titled it "Cuckoo Turkey Bird" (with an underscoring of STUD PUPPIES/ MEAT AND DOUGHNUTS/YUM-YUM). I know this 'blog has suddenly become all things Buggy, but I ain't lying when I say that it just happens in the wild. He's got a deal happening (obviously). One might be starting to think that I got some kinda thing for Buggy and maybe I should come clean with it, but truly ... it happens right here in the wild. We were looking through Kitty's High School art portfolio today and I said, "Should I go get my High School art portfolio, too?" So, I did. But the first thing I found was a sketch tablet that had become (at some point) a community sketch tablet. Suddenly I saw the Buggy contribution. There's no way that he remembers it. I like it. A lot. Stud Puppies? Meat and doughnuts? You decide ...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever seen such a thing from The Bob.
Puts me in the mind of Meat Puppets.
There should be a whole pile of this stuff, if the universe were fair.

Monday, November 21, 2005 1:51:00 PM  
Blogger wendy lewis said...

bob.... your turkey looks good enough to have a drink with.... i'm sure hunter s. thompson would have!

happy T day everyone! we'll be in madtown communing w/ hannah, the rev & hopefully neutrino man.

Monday, November 21, 2005 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger Northstar Gone Lone Star said...

gobble, gobble

ingest massive quantities

enjoy friends & family

blessings to all

Monday, November 21, 2005 10:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STEADMAN!
That's it!
Stuffing my bird with peyote this year and shooting croutons at it with a 12 guage.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 3:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fatguy, thanks!
i hadn't listened to the meat puppets in quite some time...

Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, looks Dave-ish.
Quick, grab yer sketches!

Monday, November 28, 2005 3:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, not a Dave piece. I'd go with Tad Getman, but if Bob didn't do the drawing, he for sure wrote "Meat and Doughnuts" under it (I think).

Monday, November 28, 2005 11:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An original Getman?
I'll start the bidding at 8 million.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 4:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a hollister to me...
what ever happened to tad?

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 4:42:00 PM  
Blogger morst said...

Yo, Tad Getman here. Just checking in to say I still exist! Living in Madison, playing lots of disc golf, and working as a lapidary!

Fatguy, get in touch if you want me to do a commission piece! morst can pass along the info to me.

Tad

(morst typing 'cause I have a google/blogger account)

Friday, October 10, 2008 4:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home